A national engineering and construction project management company depends upon ability to staff special skills.
The sponsor wanted to improve process Improvement; team member education; and leader development
From Position Requirement identified through the hiring / placement process until the employee’s probation period is completed.
Process Capability Goals: Devise a robust process that will deliver high quality and Customer satisfaction supported by effective measurement and tracking tools;.
- Evaluate Current Staffing Tools
- Onboarding process – Hire to Placement
- Establish Technical Screeners for Specific Clients/Skills
- Transition Process – Operational and Contract renewals
- Pricing model for all staffing opportunities
- Time/expenses tracking and Invoicing Process
Learning and Growth
The triage team identified and prioritized 13 Small Now action items and 3 Big Now project-size process improvements.
What pleased the triage team most:
‘It was an open dialog without executive management in attendance/taking part.’
‘The triage exams; timelines in the process.’
.Building the process to where everyone could see.’
‘Group pain discussion and how we (up-process) affect those after us (down-process).
This very high action-item to project ratio indicated this team and their process are very capable and that their capability goal was within reach.